- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
Change up your standard cookout fare with a combination of Caribbean and Latin American flavors. By adding sweetness and citrus to spicy grilled meats, fish, and vegetables, your tastebuds will feel like they are on a tropical vacation. Be sure to end your tropical feast with an exotic spicy fruit salad.
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup pureed fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons blackening spices
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine barbecue sauce, mango puree, ginger, orange juice, and vinegar in a medium pot. Heat over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, coat salmon with blackening spices. Grill salmon 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until preferred degree of doneness. To serve, spoon sauce on each of 4 plates and top with salmon