- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 1 hr 31 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Grilled steak takes on a new dimension when it is marinated with this flavorful balsamic and garlic vinaigrette.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 2-1/2-pound flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and thyme in a blender, and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the steak in a large, shallow dish and then pour the balsamic marinade over the steak.
- Let the steak stand for at least 1 hour, flipping once after 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill on moderate heat and season the steak with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill the steak for 8 minutes per side and then transfer to cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thin and serving.