- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Asparagus makes such a delicious and attractive presentation at a dinner party. Serve this side of grilled asparagus drizzled with a lemony vinaigrette and garnished with shaved Pecorino Romano cheese.
- 1 bunch medium asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- Prepare a grill on medium-high heat.
- Brush the asparagus with the olive oil and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and fresh pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and the shallot until combined then slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking vigorously until thoroughly blended. Add 2 pinches of salt and pepper, mix and then set vinaigrette aside.
- Grill the asparagus for 4 minutes, flipping once after 2 minutes of cooking, then place on a serving platter. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately after topping with the shaved Pecorino Romano cheese.