- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
This simple asparagus dish can be placed in the middle of a table and enjoyed as an appetizer among friends. Serve with a bottle of Barollo wine.
- 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a grill on medium heat.
- Place the asparagus into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then place on the grill and cook for 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the lemon juice, shallot, remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving plate and top with the prosciutto, the egg and parsley. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve immediately.