- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This makes such an elegant appetizer with sweet and savory flavors that are further complimented by the addition of buttery toasted pine nuts.
- 6 fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch, stemmed 4 ounces arugula
- 1 4-ounce log fresh goat cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Prepare a grill on high heat.
- Put the apricots in a bowl along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the thyme and few sprinkles of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then place on the grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, put the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat and toast for 3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Place the remaining olive oil in a bowl along with the vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine and then add the toasted pine nuts and the arugula; toss to coat.
- Put the slices of goat cheese on a platter and top with the grilled apricots and the arugula. Serve immediately.