- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Grilled acorn squash is the perfect sweet and mild-tasting base for this spicy and tangy cilantro mojo sauce.
- 1 (2 pound) acorn squash, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the squash, crosswise, into slices and then brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with a few pinches of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and then place on a grill pan for 10 minutes to cook, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Place the garlic in a bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and then mash into a paste. Add the cilantro, lime juice and the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil and stir well until blended. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste and then spoon the sauce over the squash. Serve immediately.