- Prep: 8 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
A ‘Toddy’ is a mixed drink that usually contains alcohol and is served hot. Traditionally they were consumed before bed or in cold, damp weather, but nowadays they are enjoyed whenever preferable.
- 4 tea bags
- 24 ounces boiling water
- 1 lime, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- long zest of 1 small orange, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 3-inch piece of ginger, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces white rum
- Place the tea bags into the boiling water and steep for 5 minutes.
- Divide the orange zest, lime rounds, ginger and sugar between 4 mugs and gently muddle to release their natural oils. Pour 2 ounces of rum to each mug and then top with 6 ounces of the steeped tea.
- Stir the mixture well to combine and then serve immediately.