- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Green Pepper Steak with Rice is a family favorite.
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut in 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers, cut in strips
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle steak with paprika. Let stand for several minutes. Brown steak and garlic in butter in skillet. Add next four ingredients; cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and soy sauce with 1/4 cup water in small bowl. Stir into steak. Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Serve over rice.