- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
A little green goes a long way in this Green Pea Pasta recipe. Quick, simple, delicious -- smashing!
- 1 pound of fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta
- 1, 16-ounce package of frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- As the pasta cooks, use a food processor or blender and pulse the peas until chopped. Be careful not to puree them.
- Add 1/2 cup of the ricotta cheese. Add salt and pepper to season, and pulse to combine everything.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water.
- Place pasta back in the pot. Add the pea puree and reserved pasta water and toss all together.
- Dish out the pasta into individual serving bowls. Top with the remaining ricotta cheese, sprinkle with chives and drizzle on a bit of the olive oil.