- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups
Adding green peas to a traditional recipe for Middle Eastern hummus creates rich color and a bit of a sweeter taste. Serve with Arabic pita bread.
- 1 19-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt to taste
- 3-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the chickpeas, peas, tahini, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the oil down the processor flute and blend until combined.
- Add some sea salt to taste and then transfer to a dipping bowl. Serve immediately.