- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Slaw doesn’t always have to be made only with cabbage; try this delicious version that also incorporates green onion and jalapeno pepper.
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup thin, bite-size strips green onion
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 large peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the cabbage, green onion, raisins, snipped cilantro, and jalapeño pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Put the lime juice, olive oil, and the honey in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the lime juice mixture over the cabbage mixture and toss well to coat, and then cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend.