- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Lentils are full of protein and keep you satisfied. Try Green Lentils with Feta for a filling and delicious meal.
- 1-1/2 cups green lentils
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- Fresh parsley, chopped along with a bit extra for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the lentils and 2-1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for about 20 minutes until lentils are tender and most of the water is absorbed.
- Crumble half the feta into the pan. Add the tomato paste, parsley and salt & pepper. Heat through for about a minute.
- Transfer the lentils to individual plates and crumble with the remaining feta and parsley as garnish. Serve hot.