- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 6 to 8
Green grapes add a juicy touch of sweetness to this shredded chicken and nutty wild rice salad. Save time by using a rotisserie bird.
- 1 (6-ounce) box wild rice
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup green grapes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice according to package directions, fluff with a fork and then set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, place the almonds in a small skillet and toast over medium heat, stirring often, until golden and fragrant.
- Combine the cooled wild rice, chicken, grapes, toasted almonds, mayonnaise and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Serve immediately.