- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Green garlic tops and garlic, fresh parsley and a fresno chile pair to bring you this delicious almond-based pesto-like sauce. Toss with fresh, warm pasta or slather into your favorite pita sandwich for an intense burst of flavor.
- 1 bunch of green garlic tops, about 6, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of fresh green garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- half a fresno chile, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of one lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the green garlic tops, garlic clove and parsley into a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the almonds and the chile to the mixture and continue to process unitl finely chopped.
- With the processor’s motor running, slowly pour the oil down the processor flute and mix until blended. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest, juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper; serve immediately.