- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Try to find a frozen yellow carrot and spinach mix at your local supermarket otherwise use a1-1/2 frozen bags of each instead.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 7-ounce package frozen yellow carrots and spinach, 1 package thawed
- 1 4.5 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and then add the pork after sprinkling with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pork for about 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides, and then stir in 2 packages of the frozen vegetables, the chilies and the cumin. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Place the package of thawed vegetables in a blender with 1 cup warm water, and process the mixture until smooth.
- Transfer the puréed vegetable mixture to the Dutch oven and return to a simmer. Cook the mixture, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro and fresh lime juice.