- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 4
Green Chile and Cheese Enchiladas combine two great flavors for a vegetarian fiesta.
- 1, 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 15, 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1, 16 ounce package Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1, 7 ounce can whole green chiles
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine enchilada sauce and salsa in a medium bowl; mix well. Pour 1 1/2 cups of sauce mixture into bottom of ungreased 13 by 9 inch baking pan.
- Heat tortillas, one at a time, in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat for 20 seconds on each side or until soft. Place 1 strip of cheese and 1 strip of chile in the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down in baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and chiles. Ladle remaining sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove cover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.