- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Green beans are first steamed until crisp-tender and then tossed with a toasted walnut and garlic butter sauce.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Place the beans in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water and steam for about 4 minutes until crisp-tender.
- In the meantime, place the butter and oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and the walnuts and sauté the mixture for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt, and then add the steamed beans.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss the mixture to combine. Serve immediately.