- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
If possible, use seasonal fresh green beans from your local farmer’s market for this vividly colored and delicious side dish.
- 2 pounds green beans
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cook the green beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 6 minutes, then remove, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic, the crushed red pepper and the strips of sweet pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and cook for an additional 4 minutes, then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top the bean mixture with the lime peel and the juice, toss to coat and then serve immediately.