- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 8 Servings
This dish is both delicious and elegant; a perfect side dish for your next dinner party.
- 1-1/2 pound green beans, trimmed,
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large shallots, cut into thin wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring 2-inches of salted water to a boil in a large sauté pan. Add the beans and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the beans, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Add the oil to the skillet and sauté the shallots and garlic over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the beans to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bean mixture from the heat and stir in the lemon peel, salt and pepper.