- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Green Bean Casserole Deluxe is very untraditional using fresh beans and a nice change with bacon, tomatoes and pimento added.
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons pimento, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook beans until tender, drain and set aside. Fry bacon until crisp, reserve drippings. Crumble bacon. Saute onions in drippings until tender.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese. Spoon inot a greased 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.