- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A combination of green apples with celery and toasted walnuts makes a crunchy, somewhat tart and nutty salad. Serve as a fantastic accompaniment to roast pork loin or turkey.
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar or honey
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large stalks celery, sliced on the bias
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted then chopped
- Place the fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, agave nectar, and olive oil into a small bowl and whisk vigorously until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Put the celery and apple into a salad bowl and then top with the dressing. Toss the salad to coat and then season to taste with a few pinches of additional salt if needed.
- Scatter the walnuts over the top of the salad and then gently mix to combine. Serve immediately.