- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 10 people
Crunchy and festive, Green Apple and Celery Salad with Lemony Dressing makes a great special-occasion salad.
- 1/4 cup of fat-free mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cut into wedges and then cut again into bite-sized pieces
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and lemon peel and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Put the apples into a medium-sized bowl, sprinkle with the lemon juice and toss to coat them evenly.
- Cut leaves from the celery stalks and chop them into small, 1/2-inch pieces. Cut the celery stalks into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces. Add to the apples and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, mix together the apples and celery. Add the dressing and toss until everything is evenly coated. Sprinkle the walnuts on top and serve in individual bowls.