- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
The green in Green and Gold Potato Casserole is fresh parsley and it's microwaved for fast and flavorful side dish.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon, granules
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Layer onion and potatoes in a greased casserole dish. Dot butter on top.
- Mix hot water with bouillon and pour over potato/onion layer. Cover casserole and cook in microwave for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; stirring at 10 minutes.
- Uncover casserole and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Remove from microwave and sprinkle with fresh parsley.