- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 10 servings
It’s amazing how the simplest ingredients can produce the most profound flavors. Serve with fresh country bread, feta cheese and some Greek olives.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch parsley, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups cooked white beans, like cannellini beans
- In a large soup pot, add 1/3 third of the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add in half each of the carrots, onions and celery and sauté for about 8 minutes until soft. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the remaining oil and the remaining carrot, onion and celery, and sauté for another 8 minutes. Sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley, cabbage and chard to the soup pot and continue to sauté for an additional 6 minutes.
- Place the beans, with their liquid, in the pot as well as the tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add enough water to the pot to reach the desired consistency of the soup and continue to simmer for 20 minutes. Check seasoning and serve hot.