- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Lamb is an under-used meat that is extremely healthy and delicious. Try it in this Greek-inspired recipe for burgers served on top of a crisp Greek salad.
- 1-1/4 pound ground lamb
- 1-1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups torn Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare the oven broiler.
- Place the lamb, oregano and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix to combine and then shape into 4 patties.
- Place the lamb burgers under the broiler for 4 minutes then flip and cook on the other side for an additional 4 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper into a large bowl; whisk to combine. Slowly pour in the oil, whisking vigorously until thoroughly blended, then add the lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and cucumber and toss to coat.
- Divide the Greek salad between 4 plates and then top with the burgers and the crumbled feta. Serve immediately.