- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Spinach, pasta, beans and crumbled feta make a colorful and delicious combination.
- 1 6-ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1 15-ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), snipped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh lemon thyme or thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12ounces dried cavatappi or farfalle pasta
- Shaved Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese to top
- Place the spinach, beans, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, garlic, lemon peel and juice, 3 tablespoons oil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large salad bowl, and toss to combine.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain and then drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Toss to coat and then transfer the pasta to the salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the salad with additional salt and pepper to taste, toss once more and then serve topped with shaved Parmesan.