- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy the fresh flavors of a Greek Romaine Salad, made with garlic, ouzo and fresh mint.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons ouzo
- 1 clove garlic, halved, cut sides scored with a knife
- 12 cups torn, washed romaine lettuce (2 small heads)
- 1 small bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper and ouzo with a whisk until combined.
- Rub a large salad bowl with the cut side of the garlic, and then add the romaine, scallions, parsley, dill and mint into the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss once more.