- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 19 min
- Total: 29 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This warm salad, made with tender lima beans and seasoned with Mediterranean flavors, is both delicious and healthy.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen baby lima beans (4 cups)
- cubed feta cheese to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the onions and sauté for about 6 minutes until soft and translucent, and then add the garlic and sauté the mixture for 1 additional minute.
- Sprinkle in the oregano, cinnamon, crushed red pepper, and then add the tomatoes and lima beans. Mix well to combine and cook for 13 minutes until heated through.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a serving bowl, and garnish with some cubed feta cheese if desired. Serve immediately.