- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Feel like Greek tonight? This lamb and couscous meal is not only simple, but it’s healthy and delicious too.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 pounds lamb loin chops (about 8)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Cook the couscous according to package directions. Once finished, fluff with a fork and place in a medium-sized bowl with the tomatoes, cucumber, feta, lemon juice and dill. Gently toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, place the garlic, parsley and salt in a small bowl, and mix to combine.
- Rub and cover the lamb chops with the garlic mixture, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, and then add the chops and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer each chop to a plate and serve immediately with the prepared couscous.