- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 12 Servings
Amazing appetizers for a summer party, these delicious grilled scallops are stacked with a thick slice of grilled apricot, salty prosciutto and peppery arugula, and then topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- 1/4 cup Greek-style whole-milk yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 apricots, sliced in half
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 large sea scallops (1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 thin slices of prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup arugula
- Prepare a grill on high heat.
- Mix the yogurt with the vinegar in a small bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush each slice of apricot with olive oil and grill for 30 seconds on each side.
- Brush all of the scallops with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops for 1-1/2 minutes per side turning once. When scallops cool slightly, cut into half crosswise.
- On a serving plate take a piece of the scallop and top with an apricot slice. Place a slice of prosciutto on the apricot followed by some arugula. Secure the mini sandwich with a toothpick and then place a dollop of yogurt sauce on the top of the scallop. Serve immediately.