- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 24 appetizers
These Greek-inspired crunchy pieces of flatbread hold the robust flavors of the Mediterranean in each delicious bite.
- 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package (2 cups) feta cheese with sun-dried tomatoes, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread the dough into a 15x10-inch square on the baking sheet. Using a fork, prick the dough in numerous places, and then place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, put the garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor, and process until the mixture is blended and the consistency is creamy.
- Evenly spread the cooked pizza crust with the chickpea mixture and then top with the cheese, oregano and red peppers.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the flat bread into squares.