- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The wonderfully fresh flavors of Greece come alive with this delicious Greek chicken salad recipe, drizzled with lemon vinaigrette.
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups skinless boneless rotisserie chicken pieces
- 2/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (about 6 ouces)
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 romaine hearts, quartered
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Finely mince the garlic and then sprinkle it with the salt. Mash the garlic into a paste and then place in a medium bowl.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and a few grinds of fresh pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of the lemon vinaigrette. Add the olives, cheese, parsley and onion and toss once more.
- Place the tomatoes and the romaine on a plate and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette. Top the salad with the chicken mixture and serve.