- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 6 to 8 servings
This casserole recipe is tasty, healthy and perfect for potlucks.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds of fresh green beans, washed, ends trimmed
- 2 cups of tomatoes, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of water
- Sea salt
- Saute the onions in oil in a large pot until translucent. Mix in garlic and cook for a few seconds. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Lower heat to medium, place lid on pot, and simmer 50 minutes or until beans are tender. If needed, add more water while cooking. Serve warm.