- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Use any flavor of jelly for Great Grandmother's Jelly Roll.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar jelly, desired flavor
- confectioners' sugar
- Beat eggs in small mixing bowl. Add sugar gradually and continue beating. Sift flour with baking powder. Fold into egg mixture with vanilla until smooth.
- Line a greased jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until cake tests done. Invert onto a towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- Remove paper and roll up jelly roll fashion. Unroll and cover with jelly. Roll up again and wrap in towel. Serve cake roll warm.