- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Eating grassfed beef is both a healthier and tastier option than traditional beef. You can find it in most supermarkets or organic and natural food stores.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound grassfed ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- Place a large Dutch oven over medium heat and then add the olive oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and the garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle in the chili powder, oregano, cumin and crushed red pepper, stir to combine, and then add the beef and brown for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, water and beans and then add some salt to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer the chili for 30 minutes, stirring often, and then remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Serve immediately topped with shredded cheddar cheese.