- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total: 2 hr 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This rich and luxurious spread is similar in consistency to pâté, but at a fraction of the cost. Perfect for one of your more ‘posh’ parties, this spread can be served on crackers, toasted pieces of French bread, or as a dip for breadsticks.
- 1/4 pound firm tofu, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped steamed green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- In a single layer, place tofu between two small plates and weigh down the top with a heavy can. Keep pressed for no more than 60 minutes. Remove tofu and discard any liquid.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the mushrooms, beans, and walnuts and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture into a food processor. Add the parsley, sage, allspice, salt, and pepper and pulse approximately 10 times, or until relatively smooth.
- Shred the tofu width-wise and then squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Add the tofu into the vegetable mixture and refrigerate, covered, for 1 1/2 hours. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.