- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Steak sandwich with french bread and dipping sauce.
- 1/2 cup canned beef brother
- 1/2 cup cooking claret
- 1 or 2 green onions, finely sliced
- dash of pepper, marjoram and thyme
- 1 small bay leave
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon snipped parsley
- 2 teaspoons buter or margarine
- 4, 1/4 inch thick cube steaks
- 8 tomato wedges
- 4, 1/2 inch wide green pepper strips
- 4 bias cut French bread slices, toasted
- Mix together the broth, claret, onions and seasoning. Heat rapidly, reducing the volume to half. Remove the bay leaf, and add in the lemon juice, parsley and butter. Keep warm.
- On a lightly greased griddle, grill the steaks for 2 minutes per side. Grill the peppers and tomatoes at the same time, sprinkling all with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, dip the bread in the sauce and serve on a plate of the steak topping a green pepper strip and 2 tomatoes. Pour sauce over the steak.