- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 servings
Seasoned sauted onion recipe.
- 5 medium onions
- 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slice the onions and season with the monosodium glutamate, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook in the butter for 5-8 minutes or until tender, gently stirring to separate the rings.
- Mix in the sherry and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with the cheese to serve.