- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4
This simple mixed green salad becomes something special when partnered with a homemade roasted pepper dressing, asparagus and chopped pistachios. Serve as a side for most any entree or as a base for slices of grilled chicken, steak or fish.
- 1, 8-ounce red bell pepper, roasted*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 pound thin stalked asparagus
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- Puree all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Trim woody ends of asparagus and place in a microwave-safe container and microwave loosely covered on HIGH for 2 minutes or until spears are just tender. Cutting on a diagonal, slice stalks into 1-inch pieces.
- Set aside.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl and toss with just enough dressing to coat.
- Plate salad and garnish with asparagus and pistachios.
- Serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.