- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
Bacon is one of the ingredients that makes everything taste better. A salad, a sandwhich and even a cupcake is made even more decadent with a salty piece of bacon. These appetizers are no different. A simple date is made irresistable wrapped in bacon and stuffed with savory gorgonzola cheese. You'll have trouble eating just one of these!
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 4 large pieces bacon, cut in half
- 3 large pitted olives, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and heavily coat in cooking spray. Set aside.
- Carefully stuff each date with about 1/4 teaspoon cheese, dash of pepper and 1/8 teaspoon of chopped olives. Wrap date in raw bacon, end side down on the cookie sheet. Repeat until ingredients are done.
- Sprinkle dates with salt and pepper and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crispy.
- Serve with a toothpick and enjoy!