- Prep: 8 hr
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 8 hr 4 min
- Serving: 6 servings
Navy bean and ham hock side dish.
- 2 pounds white navy beans
- 1 generous ham hock
- 1 whole onion, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- Sock the beans in cold water for 8-10 hours. Drain.
- Place the beans in a large pot and cover with fresh water. Bring to a boil.
- Mix in the ham hock, onion, salt and pepper and simmer on low for 4 hours (adding more water as needed).
- Mix in the butter once the beans are done.