- Prep: 3 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 4 hr
- Serving: 6
Good Fiber Bread is a great way to get your fiber.
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups very warm water
- 2 tablespoons marmalade--any flavor
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3-3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup bran
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- Add yeast to water in large bowl. Stir in marmalade and salt; let stand until bubbly. Beat in egg, then gradually beat in flour and bran. Knead until dough is smooth and leaves sides of bowl clean. Knead in oats.
- Set bowl in warm place; cover with moist towel or plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, about 2 hours. Punch down and form into a loaf. Place in a greased loaf pan. Brush top lightly with water. Let rise until doubled--1 hour.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 35 minutes longer. Let cool.