- Prep: 12 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 12 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6
Golden Cheese Puffs smell divine and melt in your mouth.
- 1 loaf unsliced white bread
- 1, 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Trim crusts from bread and cut into 1 inch cubes. Melt cheeses and butter in top of double boiler, stirring until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Fold in egg whites. Dip bread cubes into cheese mixture to coat. Place on baking sheet. Chill overnight.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.