- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6
A delicious side dish, Golden Carrot Bake, will please a vegetarian or picky eater.
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups American cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, combine carrots, water, rice and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes. Don't drain.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cup cheese, milk, eggs, onion and pepper. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until bubbly and brown.