- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 4-6
Golden Carrot Bake is a great combination of carrots, rice and oozy cheese making it the ultimate side dish.
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups American cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, combine carrots, water, rice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 25 minutes. Don't drain.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Add the milk, eggs, onion and pepper. Mix well. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at for 1 hour.
- Take out casserole and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and brown.