- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12 People
This moist and sweet butter cake makes an enjoyable treat served with hot coffee or a tall glass of milk. This recipe can be used to make 2 loaves. Bake in regular size loaf pans for 45-50 minutes. Top with frosting, powdered sugar or a lemon glaze.
- 1-1/3 sticks butter
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix egg yolks into creamed mixture and add vanilla.
- Add flour combination and milk into batter; mix well.
- Pour into a 9-inch greased baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.