- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 6
Bursting with color and flavor, this unusual salad is the perfect accompaniment for grilled meats.
- 1/2 pound golden beets (weighed without greens), ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, segmented
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap beets in foil and roast for 1 hour, or until tender. Peel off skin. Halve or quarter beets and slice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Add beets, grapefruit, red onion, and spinach, tossing to coat.
- Toss with nuts and serve.