- Prep: 12 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: 2
When the occasion arises for an elegant and unique midday or midafternoon nibble, this novel sandwich easily surpasses the usual fare.
- Goat Cheese Spread
- 2 ounces goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- For the sandwich
- 1 small garlic clove, halved
- 4 thin slices rustic sourdough bread, toasted
- 3 ounces prosciutto, very thinly sliced
- 1 large fresh fig, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Â½ cup arugula leaves
- Combine the ingredients for the goat cheese spread in a small bowl and set aside:
- Vigorously rub garlic clove halves on the toasted bread.
- Discard clove (or mash into goat cheese if you really like garlic).
- Spread goat cheese evenly onto each of the slices of bread.
- Evenly layer two pieces of bread with the prosciutto, fig, and arugula and top with each stack with remaining pieces of bread.