- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Creamy chèvre goat cheese is used as the base for this boutique-style pizza made with fresh spinach and red onion.
Photo originally appeared on www.simplecomfortfood.com
- 1 (16-ounce) Italian bread shell
- 4-1/2 ounces chèvre goat cheese
- 3 cups of spinach, cleaned
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove the spinach from the heat and then add the lemon zest, juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss well to combine and then set aside.
- Evenly spread 3/4 of the goat cheese over the bread shell and then top with the spinach, onions and remaining cheese. Place the pizza in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.