- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 2 servings
Ham and Swiss cheese are made for each other in this grilled gluten-free ham sandwich recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 slices gluten-free whole grain or white bread
- 2 slices your favorite sliced ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- A few fresh spinach leaves
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Place 2 slices of bread, buttered side down, in skillet.
- Quickly top each with a slice of cheese, ham, spinach, and another slice of cheese. Set remaining slices of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Cover skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bottoms of the sandwiches are golden brown.
- Using a spatula, carefully flip sandwiches. Cover skillet and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until both sides of the bread are golden and the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to 2 plates, slice each sandwich in half on the diagonal, and serve immediately.